MISVA- Male Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Service
We offer free, confidential and independent practical and emotional support to Men living in Swindon who have been raped or sexually assaulted, whether the assault took place recently or in the past. We support clients whether they have reported to the Police or not.
We support and treat clients with respect, regardless of their age, disability, position in life, gender reassignment, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion/faith or race.
We understand the difficulties you may face in coming to terms with the after-effects of sexual violence. A MISVA can be a friendly face that will support you through your journey. The MISVA service is about helping you make an informed choice and we are here to help you find your own way forward.
These are just some of the ways in which an MISVA can support:
- We provide a safe and confidential space to meet
- Practical and emotional support
- Help you to find ways of coping
- A full assessment to identify your needs and what other support you may need.
- To help you access specialist support, e.g. counselling, mental health support, sexual assault referral centre, sexual health,
- Support around education, employment and housing.
- To help you decide if you wish to report to the police and give you information about the legal process.
- Support you through the criminal justice system, to attend Court proceedings with you. Explain some of the legal jargon and processes.
- Liaise with the police and Crown Prosecution service on your behalf
- Support if you wish to share anonymous intelligence to the Police
- Support and information around the Complaints procedure
Splitz will also provide support to perpetrators of Sexual Violence unless they are currently under investigation, then support will stop.
IDVA (Individual Domestic Violence Advisor)
Independent Domestic Violence Advisors or IDVA’s work with victim/survivors, aged 16 and over, who have been assessed as at high or potential high risk of further abuse or violence. Our role is to be the Voice of the Victim and to act as the main point of contact for all agencies.
Adult Domestic Abuse Support
Splitz can provide support to all adult victims (18 plus) and survivors of domestic violence and abuse living in Wiltshire. We will provide support to all women and men who are at medium or standard risk of domestic abuse.
ISVA Team (Independent Sexual Violence Advisors)
We offer free, confidential and independent practical and emotional support to anyone living in Swindon or Wiltshire who has been raped or sexually assaulted, whether the assault took place recently or in the past. We support clients whether they have reported to the Police or not.
Children and Young People's Independent Sexual Violence Advisors
Our Service has two Children and Young people ISVAs (CYPISVA) who provide support to children, young people and their families up to the age of 18 years, who have been victims of any form of sexual violence/abuse, including sexual exploitation and trafficking.
Behaviour Change Support
Splitz behaviour change support offers one to one sessions to males and females who have used abusive behaviours towards their partners or family members and have a desire to change.
The age range for support is 16+ and is offered across Wiltshire but excluding Swindon.
Family Support Team
The family support team work with families who have experienced domestic abuse, whether you are planning on moving together safely in the relationship, or planning to leave/separate.