Consider having an emergency bag containing important things you will need if you leave
- Make sure you take the keys to the house, car, etc
- Pack all medicine needed by yourself or your children
- Pack toothbrushes, nappies etc. and enough clothes to last for yourself and your children for a few days
- Make sure you have enough money hidden for bus or taxi fares
- Take the children's favourite toys
- Take your legal and financial papers e.g. marriage and birth certificates, court orders, NHS cards, driving licence, cheque book, address book, passport, bank books, bank and credit cards, benefit payment books, tenancy agreement or mortgage details.