We felt it was important that we were able to demonstrate to our team, service users and other stakeholders that we are a high quality organisation. It was agreed the best way to do this was through external accreditation. We have sought and achieved accreditation from a number of relevant awarding bodies:
- Disability Confident Employer (formerly Two Ticks) [first awarded Sep 2012, changed Oct 2016]
- Investing in Volunteers [first awarded 2009; last renewed Jul 2016]
- Approved Provider Standard [first awarded 2009; last renewed Jun 2016]
- PQASSO [first awarded Feb 2013; last renewed Apr 2016]
- Charity Quality Standard (from the Charity Commission) [first awarded Feb 2013; last renewed at 2 star Apr 2016]
- Respect Accreditation [first awarded Nov 2010, last renewed May 2015]
Accreditation marks no longer held - Investors in People - First achieved in 2007, then renewed at Gold in 2013. In 2016 the trustees declined to renew this accreditation due to its overlap with other accrediation marks held and the very high cost of re-accreditation.
In order to ensure our processes and procedures are fit for purpose we welcome feedback from our team, service users and other stakeholders on any aspect of our work. We use this feedback to inform our operating practice.
Other forms of feedback used to assess the quality of our processes include:
- Service user forums
- Telephone surveys
- Staged feedback during support
- Random sampling by project coordinators
- Video monitoring of some groups
If you have a comment to make about our service then why not let us know using our online Feedback Form.