The Best Start Project is an exciting new initiative working across Devon and Torbay and bringing together organisations and community groups in order to reduce health inequalities, support vulnerable and marginalised women and improve outcomes for children.
We are now looking to recruit two enthusiastic and energetic Promoting Choices Health Navigator (Inclusion and Diversity) to join our passionate new team. You will be integral in developing the new Best Start Project, supporting vulnerable and marginalised women and their families across Devon and Torbay, building new pathways and addressing gaps in provision.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 7th June 2021
You will work within a multi-agency system to provide a proactive, person centred service. Key elements of the role include:
- Developing relationships with community groups, particularly those working with ethnic minority communities.
- Empowering service users through increasing knowledge, enabling them to make informed choices around their health and maternity care.
- Increasing knowledge and understanding of early child development and domestic abuse.
- Recruiting volunteers from within marginalised groups to act as community champions.
- Assisting the Project Manager to develop new pathways to reduce inequalities for women experiencing complex physical and mental health needs.
You should have proven experience of working with vulnerable people, a commitment to diversity and inclusion and an understanding of community development, alongside excellent communication skills.
Experience and understanding of: Advocacy, multi-agency and working with minority communities is an advantage however training will be provided.
Whilst remote working is available for this position, it will require travel across the Devon and Torbay area and therefore a full clean driving licence, access to a vehicle and business insurance are requirements for the role.
Salary: £21,171 - £22,678 pro rata per year
Hours: 30 - 37 hours per week
Tenure: Fixed term until 31st March 2023
Closing date: 9am Monday 7th June 2021
Interviews: Thursday 10th June 2021
You will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
You will also undergo a police check.
As users of the disability symbol, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.